The ability to work from home is something that many people are taking full advantage of. In a recent study, it was found that 58% of Americans have said they do at least some of their work from home. With the increase in technological advances, and flexible schedules more and more people are choosing to work from home. However, working from home has its downsides as well- one being decreased productivity levels. This blog post will provide you with a few tips on how to maximize your productivity while working remotely so you can be successful!
- Set up your work space in a comfortable, ergonomic way. Your desk should be at a height that allows you to sit upright with your feet flat on the floor and have adequate room for any necessary equipment. If possible, stand while you work or find ways to move around throughout the day (walking breaks are great!). You can also set up standing desks by either investing in one or making your own!
- Utilize technology wisely: Take advantage of digital productivity tools like text expander apps so it takes less time to type long sentences; use video conferencing software when meeting with c-level executives so productivity doesn't go down while on the call; and work with other remote employees to share files, ideas, and feedback.
- Schedule your day: Plan out how much time you'll spend working each day in order to avoid overworking or getting bored!
- Take care of yourself: As mentioned above, it's important for productivity that you take breaks throughout the day (even if they're short!). Consider going outside for a walk at lunchtime or taking a quick nap after lunch. You can even set up something like an alarm clock app to remind you when its time to get back to work!
- Set limits: Put a limit on what is considered "work" - do not let anything else creeplients; schedule meetings through an online calendar - this will help alleviate scheduling conflicts, remind attendees of upcoming dates/times before they happen.